About Chancellor of the University
Shri Kalraj Mishra
Shri Kalraj Mishra was born in a middle class Brahmin Agriculturist family on 1st July, 1941 at village Malikpur (Saidpur) of Gazipur District (UP). In 1963, he joined RSS as a Pracharak in Gorakhpur. He was elected MLA a number of times and was also elected as Member of Rajya Sabha. During his ministerial tenure, he formulated the Road Development Policy of link roads to connect the villages. He took oath as Hon’ble Governor of Rajasthan on Monday, 09th September, 2019.
|Name||Shri Kalraj Mishra|
|Date of Birth||01st July, 1941|
|Permanent Address||H. No. 1102, Gomati Enclave, (Opp. DGP Office), B. N. Lahiri Marg, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.|
|Official Residence||Raj Bhawan, Civil Lines, Jaipur- 302006 Rajasthan|
|Family Background||Born in a Middle Class Brahmin Agriculturist family.|
|Father’s Name||Shri Ramagiya Mishra|
|Mother’s Name||Smt. Prabhawati Mishra|
|Spouse Name||Smt. Satyawati Mishra|
Executive & Legislative Positions
- Chairperson, Standing Committee on Defence.
- Chairperson, Joint Committee on Offices of Profit.
- Cabinet Minister of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME).May-2014- September-2017.
- Member, Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly-2012-2014.
- Chairman, Committee on Subordinate Legislation (RS): 2010-2012.
- Panel of Vice-Chairmen, Rajya Sabha: 2008-2011.
- Cabinet Minister, Govt. of Uttar Pradesh: 1997-2000.
- Member of Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council: 1986-2001 (Three Terms).
- Member Rajya Sabha: 1978-1984,2001-2012 (Three Terms).
- State President of BJP, Uttar Pradesh.
- Organising Secretary of Bhartiya Jana Sangh.
- National President, All India Janta Yuva Morcha.
- RSS worker from the early age in life.
- Chairperson, “Samuprna Kranti” Movement.
- Assumed the office of the Governor of Rajasthan on 9th September, 2019.
- Chairperson of Rajya Sainik Board, Rajasthan.
- Chairperson of Management Committee of Amalgamated Fund for the Benefit of Ex- Servicemen of Rajasthan.
- Chairperson of West Zone Culture Centre, Udaipur.
- Patron, Scouts & Guides, Rajasthan.
- President, Indian Red Cross Society, Rajasthan State Branch.