Achievements and Services of Agriculture University, Kota
Laboratories & Other Units at ARS, Kota :
Research activities in the university are funded by the state government, Indian Council of Agriculture Research and other agencies. Currently there are 13 All India Coordinated Research Projects (AICRP) viz. Soybean, Rice, Pigeanpea, MULLaRP, Wheat & Barley, Chickpea, Sugarcane, Linseed, Potato, Water management, Integrated farming system, NSP-BSP and Arid zone fruits, funded by the ICAR to address issues related to crop improvement, natural resource management, production and protection management and seed production of major crops. In addition 4 volunteer centres of ICAR and other projects of RKVY, NAIP, NHM, DST and Private sectors etc. are also in operation at various constituent units of the university.
Varieties developed by the university:
Varieties :Recommended for Kota, Bundi, Jhalwar & Baran districts (Zone V)
|Soybean||JS 93-05, MAUS 81, JS 97-52, JS 95-60, Pratap soya 1, Pratap soya 2, Pratap raj soya 24, Pratap soya 45|
|Rice||Mahi Sugandha, PHB 2, Pusa Sugandha 4, Pusa Basmati 5, Improved Pusa Basmati 1, Pratap sugandh 1|
|Maize||Pratap Makka 1, PHEM 2, Pratap Makka 3, Pratap Makka 4|
|Urdbean||KU 96-3, Pant U 31, Pratap urd 1|
|Mungbean||IPM 02-03,PDM 139 (Samrat)|
|Wheat||Raj 4037, Lok 1, GW 322, PDW 215, HI 1544, HI 1531, HD 2932, HI 8498|
|Chickpea||GNG 469, KAK 2, Pratap channa 1|
|Lentil||JL 3, DPL 62, IPL 81|
|Fieldpea||IPFD 99-13, IPFD 1-10, DDR 23|
|Linseed||T 397, Jawahar 23, LCK 8528, Kiran, LMH 62, Meera, RL 914, Pratap alsi 1, Pratap alsi 2|
|Coriander||RCr 684, RCr 480, Pratap raj dhania 1|
|Mustard||Maya, Vasundhara, Aravali, Swarnjyoti, RGN 73|
|Potato||Kufri Bahar, K. Badshah, K. Pukhraj, K. Ashoka, K. Jawaha, K. Puskar, K.Khyati K.Garima, K. Chipsona 1, K. Chipsona 2, K. Chipsona 3|
|Fennel||RF 101, UF 206|
|Sugarcane||Co Pant 84211, Co 97015, CoSe 00421, Pratap ganna 1|
|Garlic||G 50, G 323|
Major Production Technologies Recommended :
- System of rice intensification for input and water saving.
- Intercropping systems chickpea + mustard (6:2) and linseed + chickpea (4:2) for limited irrigation conditions.
- FIRB system for wheat + lucerne, BBF system for soybean, irrigation management technologies including drip irrigation in potato, coriander, garlic, onion and cabbage.
- INM modules for lentil, rajmash, fieldpea, pigeonpea, linseed, sugarcane and pigeonpea + soybean, soybean, chickpea, wheat cropping sequence.
- Weed management in rice, soybean, fieldpea, rajmash and wheat through post emergence application of herbicides.
- Organic farming package for soybean-wheat and soybean-coriander cropping sequences.
- Technology to prevent stunting in coriander.
Major Protection Technologies Recommended:
- Integrated Pest Management modules for control of green semilooper, tobacco caterpillar & girdle beetle in soybean, pod borer in chickpea, bud fly in linseed, aphids in mustard and stem borer, leaf folders & hoppers in rice.
- Integrated Disease Management modules for control of leaf & neck blast in rice, pod blight & bacterial pustules in soybean, Cercospora leaf spot, powdery mildew & leaf crinkle in mungbean, collar rot in lentil, linseed and chickpea, stem necrosis, black scurf & late blight in potato, alternaria blight in linseed and phyllody in sesame.
Seed Production :
- Recognized as one of the major producers of breeder seed in the country.
- Produces about 540 tons breeder seed of wheat, soybean, chickpea, rice, vegetable pea, coriander, mustard, fenugreek and linseed.
The Directorate of Extension Education (DEE) is the chief nodal agency functioning through its sub-units i.e. six Krishi Vigyan Kendra and in close co-operation with the constituent units of the University.
Training : Imparted fifty two trainings to trainers (138) and farmers (2296) under special programme on “scaling up of water productivity” and four trainings to the farmers (200) under Tribal Sub Plan (TSP) by research scientists.
Laboratories and other units:
- Soil testing laboratories at all KVKs
- Plant health clinics at all KVKs
- Bio pesticide laboratory at KVK, Kota produces 10 q Trichoderma annually
- Organic pesticide unit (neem based) at Sawai Madhopur
- Food processing unit at KVK, Kota and Anta
- National Initiative for Climate Resilient Agriculture (NICRA) project at KVK, Kota
Farm and Area of KVKs :
|KVK, Sawai Madhopur||16.40|
- Model nurseries, Vermi compost unit & Mother orchards at all KVKs
- Medicinal plants museum and Low tunnel technology unit for vegetable crops at KVK Kota
- Dairy unit at Kota and Bundi